Digital Marketing Strategy Planning
The thing about digital marketing strategies is that every company has one, even if you’re not the one actively controlling it. Even if you’ve never spent a minute on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or any other Web property, customer opinion is forming about your brand, based on mentions of your company’s name by individual users — or by your obvious lack of participation.
Because your presence on different digital marketing properties matters more than ever, it’s a good idea to take time out of your schedule to regularly evaluate how well your strategy is performing.
Digital marketing planning is no different to any other marketing plan, in fact it’s increasingly strange to have separate plans for ‘digital’ and ‘offline’ since that’s not how your customers perceive your business. However, we’re often required to separate plans for “digital” only based on the way teams and reporting is structured and to help the transition to digital – before it becomes “business as usual”. A common format helps align your plan to other marketing plans!
Table of Contents for Digital Marketing Strategy Planning
- Introduction Digital Marketing Planning Template
- Situation analysis. Where are we now? Understanding your online marketplace.
- Objective setting. Where do we want to be? Setting useful, actionable objectives.
- Strategy. How are you going to achieve the goals? Setting a meaningful strategy.
- Tactics. The details of strategy.
- Actions and Controls. Making it happen.
- Executive summary