We solve problems and make decisions every day at home, at work, at play, even at the grocery store! We all must solve a wide variety of problems. In everyday life, problems might be how to maintain a long-distance relationship or how to pay bills on a limited income… this program gravitates more towards business problems, having said that, the same techniques can be used in addressing every type of problems.
- Mode of delivery: Online / Flexible learning
- Content format: Interactive eBooks & Lessons / Videos / PDF research papers, case study & articles
- Academic partner: Cavendish Collage
Excellent toolkit that helps you to deal better with any problems in your life and make better decisions.
- Problem definition
- Defining the problem
- How to write a problem statement
- Problem solving process
- Mapping the problem-solving process
- Developing solutions
- Creative thinking
- Creative problem-solving process
- Decision making
- Critical thinking
- Adaptive decision making
- Solving open-ended problems
- Implementing decisions
- Problem solving techniques & exercises
- Lateral thinking defined
- Classic lateral thinking exercises
- Creative thinking techniques
- Random word technique
- Search and reapply technique
- Problem solving strategies explained
- Business solutions
- Decision making techniques
- Big data-driven strategy
- Solving business problems
- McKinsey problem solving practice test
- A leader’s framework for decision making
- Self-assignment quizzes
The normal process for solving a problem will initially involve defining the problem you want to solve. Often people keep the problem in their head as a vague idea. Writing down the problem forces you to think about what you are trying to solve and how much you want to achieve.
Problem solving and decision-making are important skills for business and life. Problem-solving often involves decision-making. There are processes and techniques to improve decision-making and the quality of decisions. To practice these techniques, you should use them in your everyday activities.
Solving business problems is the core skill for many managers. However, solving business problems is far from a “lone wolf” kind of activity. The essence of solving a business problem is to reduce uncertainty regarding action; after all, it is uncertainty about action that makes a problem, the problem. This programme uses case studies and techniques to examine the kinds of issues are involved in reducing uncertainty regarding action in relation to business problems.
The programme is suitable for all managers and entrepreneurs at any level, but it is vital resource for people working as a facilitator.