In this series of videos, you’ll learn the five fundamental steps to SEO’s success:
- How to figure out what your customers are searching for,
- How to optimize your web pages for your target keywords,
- How to make sure your website is accessible to both search engines and humans,
- How to get other websites to link to your site, and finally:
- How to start measuring your SEO success.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
To understand the true meaning of SEO, let’s break that definition down and look at the parts:
Quality of traffic. You can attract all the visitors in the world, but if they’re coming to your site because Google tells them you’re a resource for Apple computers when really you’re a farmer selling apples, that is not quality traffic. Instead you want to attract visitors who are genuinely interested in products that you offer.
Quantity of traffic. Once you have the right people clicking through from those search engine results pages (SERPs), more traffic is better.
Organic results. Ads make up a significant portion of many Search engine results pages. Organic traffic is any traffic that you don’t have to pay for.
- Google’s PageSpeed Insights tool: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
- GTMetrix: https://gtmetrix.com/
- Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test tool: https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly
- Backlink Checker: https://ahrefs.com/backlink-checker
- Google Analytics: https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/
- Google Search Console: https://search.google.com/search-console/about
- Join the marketing course: Marketing Foundation Course.
- Google Analytics Academy: https://analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/
- Google keyword planner: now it is part of Google Ads https://ads.google.com/home/tools/keyword-planner/
Are you pulling your hair out trying to find out why your secure page is not fully secure? Here’s a simple tool that will tell you about any insecure items on your SSL page! https://www.whynopadlock.com/
Recommended reading for SEO:
SEO 101 – SEO Tools for Beginners – Search Engine Optimization Basic Techniques – How to Rank your website: Volume 1 (SEO Secrets – Search Engine … for Dummies – SEO 2015 – Website Ranking) by Create Space Independent Publishing Platform